Tinkerbella AS- The Queen Of Imperfection



The life I lead, I lead away from you. If you ask me "What's up" I'll tell you what happened. But I won't say what I feel. Not really. You all think you know me that you see what I'm about. But you haven't got me figured out. Because I don't scream and I don't shout. Everything that's inside of me, stays inside of me. Because the life I lead, I lead away from you. Behind the eyes you can't see through. It is mine and mine alone. So you see, I lead MY life and you lead YOURS, you dig?

A reminder to the haters : I got an attitude like a virgin, I just don't give a fuck so don't fuckin waste your time :)

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Will 'Rebound' do me harm?

Trust me..I'm utterly depressed

A “rebound” is a short period of time after a painful break-up. It is when you jump into another relationship without healing yourself from your previous one and making peace with what has occured.

It will do you harm cause rebound is a new beginning in your life while you are still in love with your ex or you are still reeling about the tragic ending which will radically reduces the chance that you will find true love in the current relationship. Hence, another reason why 'rebound' won't work is because you may choose the wrong person to date. Normally, people only indulge into a rebound relationship to avoid dealing with the pain from losing a true love. They say 'to speed up the process of getting over your old flame, try to date someone new'. Yes this might be right but girls tend to get vulnerable easily. They can be blinded by the form of 'care' or 'affection'. Girls often have higher expectations in their partners. They may take more of a chance at romance by looking for love on the rebound.

To be honest, I may have thought that I was in love every single time when I dated(don't get me wrong I don't date around much..I am not desperate and it takes a lot to make me fall..) but just because I felt even more passionate for someone else later in my life it doesn't mean that I was never in love in the first place. Nevertheless, I think it's difficult because when you are on the rebound you're emotionally needy and clingy there is a big chance that you will easily fall in love.

I found a few tips to make a rebound works:

Honesty is the best policy:

Make sure you are honest to both yourself and your current partner. You have to be clear about what exactly you are looking for in a relationship even if you are looking for a one night stand, a no-strings-attached fun to help you get over your ex. Whatever you require, being honest about it with yourself gives you the ability to make healthy rebound choices rather than ones that will injure an already damaged ego. Also, it's necessary for you to be clear about your intentions to the person you are planning to date. You should tell the person about your recent history and that you might not be ready for a very serious committed relationship. Once you’ve revealed what it is you want then you can go for it. The bottom line is, you are not cheating anyone from the truth. If the other person is willing to go forward, then you will have nothing to feel guilty about if things don’t work out later. Simple.

Give yourself some time to mourn:

Every breakup requires a certain time to mourn and feel sad. Make very sure you’ve given yourself time to LEARN from the mistakes you made last time and also what you really want in your future relationships. Make sure you don’t end up making the same mistakes and going through the same torture again. Remember “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me”. Never repeat your mistakes.

Don’t start dating your ex’s look alike:

Rebounding with someone who carries the same negative traits as your ex or looks the same as he or she is a big NO NO. Don’t repeat your mistakes. Even if it’s just a short term relationship, date someone with a fresh personality. Something you have not experienced before. This will not only help you explore but will actually make you forget your ex FOR GOOD.


Tell me if it's possible to start new relationships or to have hookups as rebounds when you still carry feelings for someone in your past? All I know is that I am lonely.

Best friends in life.. Soul sisters from the heart <3

We're sisters